Eversource Energy Transmission Siting Specialist in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Project Siting Specialist supports coordination of timely regulatory filings and ensured consistent documentation in accordance with the regulatory requirements. Perform siting needs assessments for Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire projects with Project Managers.
- Assist in the preparation of formal applications, petitions, and other applicable documents, for siting new or upgrading existing transmission and substation or facilities in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and coordinate related ISO-NE cost-allocation applications.
- Coordinate associated inputs, testimony, and data request responses by technical disciplines.
- Support the compliance assurance process regarding siting agency conditions of project approvals.
- Maintain proficiency with State of New Hampshire and The Commonwealth of Massachusetts siting procedures, regulations, and orders to ensure consistency and incorporate evolving direction from docket to docket.
- Maintain good working relationships with staff of the MA EFSB/DPU and NHPUC.
- Support preparations, evaluations, recommendations, and comments for proposed changes in regulatory and permitting policies or for generic proceedings.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree; Law, Business Administration, Finance, Economic, Environmental or Engineering disciplines are acceptable. Minimum of eight years utility or related industry experience. Regulatory and/or legal experience preferred. Direct job duty experience is highly desirable.
- Understanding of electric transmission. Transmission planning and routing analysis knowledge highly desirable.
- Understanding of Federal and state energy regulation.
- Strong strategic and business acumen, communications skills, and influence skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with transmission customers and project stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and manage teams of engineers, lawyers, and communications professionals.
- Proficient in the use of information technology and office automation systems.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor