Eversource Energy Engineer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
- Evaluation of Distribution Equipment and Materials to be used on the Electrical Distribution System.
- Material Specification development and Material Standard creation.
- Distribution System Engineering Manual revisions.
- Construction Standards to support field personnel with installing the Distribution Equipment.
- Work Method Standards to support field personnel with operating the Distribution Equipment.
- Responsible for writing articles for quarterly publication for field personnel, engineering, etc.
- Equipment Performance, Reliability and Failure Analysis tracking and field and system engineering support.
- Works with other departments to provide technical support.
- Analyzes and investigates field needs; recommends appropriate solution.
A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of five years of related experience is required. Power distribution experience (UG and OH) is highly desirable. Experience in the utility industry is also preferred.
Other requirements include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Excellent Analytical, Technical Writing and Oral Communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of the principles of electricity, mechanics, hydraulics and structures.
- Knowledge of national code and their interpretation.
- Skill in the use of technical and engineering instruments and tools.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite and internet applications.
- Ability to set work priorities.
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Willingness and ability to work during storms for extent hours.
Must have a driver’s license
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor