Eversource Energy Supervisor Leak Survey in Waterbury, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Establish and maintain centralized gas leak survey program for Eversource Energy. Responsible for coordination of contractors/employees performing leak survey of mains, services and meter set inspections to comply with Federal and State Regulations. Oversee Leak Survey/Inside Meter Set Inspection program including scheduling, tracking and reporting according to Eversource Work Practices/Gas Operating Procedures. Perform dual state (MA & CT) responsibilities within leak survey programs at Eversource. Execute other duties, as requested.
- Establish and maintains centralized leak survey program for the entire State, according to the Gas Operating Procedures/Work Practices.
- Schedule and monitor work and prepare reports on the status of the leak survey program, as requested/needed.
- Work with Areas to inform and follow-up on needed leak repairs identified through the inspections in the leak survey program.
- Ensures compliance with Federal DOT Leak Survey and Meter Inspection Regulations.
- Recommends improvements to material, construction and operating standards related to Leak Management.
- Provides specifications, inspections and estimates relative to leak repair and leak survey work.
- Coordinates leak survey services in either state as requested.
- Initiates work orders/job orders for the leaks located through leak surveys.
- Work with the Mapping Dept. to acquire maps and update mapping for leak survey.
- Review and approve invoices for contractor services for leak survey.
- Set up and maintain electronic record keeping system for Leak Survey program
- Provides on-the-job and classroom training for Company and contractor personnel in the areas of leak survey.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Thorough knowledge of gas distribution operations and construction practices and procedures relative to leaks and leak repair. Knowledge of Federal and State codes relative to leak survey.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, may consider equivalent years of experience
Experience : Five years of related natural gas experience
Licenses & Certifications: Must possess Federally required Operator Qualifications for associated tasks; Valid driver’s license
Can be exposed to gaseous atmospheres, high noise levels, traffic, construction site hazards and hazards on customers' property.Occasionally required to travel.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Position involves planning and scheduling work around many variables while staying within compliance completion dates.Making decisions in high pressure situations, often over the phone with limited information.Budget building and adherence skills.Working with and understanding gas detection equipment.Working with multiple custom databases and developing reports, as requested.
Position requires a high amount of computer work and travel to various offices and field locations in MA & CT.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor