Eversource Energy Project Engineer, Gas Engineering (Southborough, MA) - Professional Engineering License Preferred in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position performs, or assists in, major/complex projects including the design, procurement, installation and testing of systems and devices that will repair, replace, improve or increase the Gas organization’s physical assets and provide for permit requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Specifies and procures materials and equipment, coordinates in-house and contract labor to install and test new installations in a timely fashion with input from vendors, engineers and Company departments.
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Trains junior staff and reviews all their work.
- Oversees the procurement of all federal, state and local permits and notifications required for each job. Provides technical and financial support to upper management for future needs and budget allocations.
- Supports values and commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values. Provides direction or assistance in carrying out assignments. Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design or recommend changes to existing gas piping systems.
- Designs gas take stations, district regulators, bridges and railroad crossings.
- Implements and monitors gas compliance programs that include corrosion control and leak surveys.
- Provide professional engineer's stamp for regulatory required projects
Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. Minimum of five (5) years in engineering. Requires theoretical and conceptual knowledge of discipline to develop and evaluate a process, procedure or regulatory requirements in the gas distribution business. Also requires an understanding of Company structure and business practices to implement procedures. Work includes calculating, comparing, editing, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, planning, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc.This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Professional Engineering License preferred.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor