Eversource Energy Gas Distribution Support Technician in Somerville, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
LOCATION : Somerville, MA
RATES OF PAY: Starting Rate: $25.67, after 6 months $28.20, after 12 months $30.06
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS: Shift Work Required. Schedule 7:30AM to 3:30PM from the first Sunday in May to the last Saturday in October. Scheduled hours of 1:00PM to 9:00PM except for the period listed above.
ROLE & SCOPE:
Under general supervision, the Distribution Support Technician is responsible for performing assigned duties including valve box inspections and repairs, non-live gas corrosion repairs, atmospheric corrosion inspections and leak survey inspections using leak detection equipment on inside meter sets, in accordance with Company Safety Standards, and in compliance with Company, State, and Federal Codes and Regulations.
The Distribution Support Technician is responsible for successfully completing all training, OJT Tasks and examinations as required.
- Must pass the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude test
- Requires 2 years of relevant experience with outside construction tools (back hoes, etc).
- Technical experience in plumbing and HVAC preferred.
- This position will require the satisfactory completion of a physical prescrening exam, completion of company training programs, evaluations and written test, as agreed and subsequently implemented by the Technical Training Committee.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, CDL license preferred..
***please include a resume attachment with your application***
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor