Eversource Energy Working Foreman-Line in Rochester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ROCHESTER, NH. INDIVIDUAL MUST LIVE WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF THIS AREA WORK CENTER.
Individual will supervise line crew(s) involved in the installation, maintenance and repairs of the underground and overhead electric distribution and transmission system and oversee equipment, materials, and record-keeping duties to include completion of timesheets for crew members as well as tailboard documentation. Other duties include:
- Perform the duties of a fully qualified Lineworker (RG 34.5).
- Train, instruct, and mentor Lineworkers to ensure that safety rules and procedures are followed.
- Evaluate the performance of each crew member and initiate additional training or corrective action as may be necessary to bring performance up to standard.
- Recommend promotions, demotions and discipline through proper documentation.
- Coordinate and schedule work assignments.
- Conduct tailboards, and truck and trailer inspections.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner, on schedule, and within budget.
- Provide first response coverage to off-hour emergency trouble calls and investigate, correct, and clear trouble. In the event of high trouble call volume, individual will ensure proper staffing has been accomplished.
- Accept standby duty responsibilities throughout the year, which consists of being available via telephone and/or pager during this duty.
- Accept temporary responsibility for Supervisor, Field Operations in the daily operation of the Area Work Center in their absence.
- Work with emergency services, such as fire and police to accomplish a safe environment.
- Enforce Company environmental policies and procedures on each job site.
- The successful candidate will have a High School diploma or the equivalent and be a fully qualified Lineworker First Class, able to perform all phases of line work required of a Lineworker First Class. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of and the ability to apply electrical theory and a complete working understanding of Company line work practices and policies.
- Must have the ability to become a certified rubber glover of 34.5 kV.
- Must be available for and respond to outages, trouble calls, and system emergencies during normal and overtime hours, and reside within a geographical area defined as being within 30 minutes travel time to the assigned Area Work Center within six months of employment.
- Must provide line department standby on a rotating schedule basis and holda valid Commercial Driver's license (Class A with Special Trailer Endorsement) and a safe driving record.
- Employee weight limit for this position is 300 pounds.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor