Eversource Energy Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy in Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy position is responsible for coordinating the planning, design, development and implementation of Eversource telecommunication system which supports electric and gas utility operations in three states. The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy is responsible for ensuring that Eversource is receiving maximum business value from its investments in telecommunications technology. The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy role will assess various technology portfolios to ensure that Eversource is utilizing the right mix of products and services to meet current and anticipated business requirements. Meeting this objective will require monitoring of the cost and performance of existing products and services, scanning the technology horizon for new alternatives, meeting with other business management to understand current and emerging business needs, performing technical and business analysis on the various technology options, defining the portfolio of telecommunications technologies, products and services, and communicating these result to Eversource leadership. Individual will develop telecommunications technology deployment plans to ensure that technology portfolios are expanded, upgraded and enhanced to meet changing business requirements. The Lead Engineer, Telecommunications Strategy position will oversee the work of engineers supporting telecommunications strategy efforts.
- Guide development and communication of an enterprise strategic roadmap and investment plan for telecommunications across multiple states and business units.
- Ensure the Company’s telecommunications strategic priorities are responsive to industry developments and continue to maximize value over time, capturing new opportunities as they emerge.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to gain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, and support the cross-functional participation in the development of telecommunications strategic planning.
- Forecast future telecommunications requirements based on analyses of technology trends and business requirements, and developing a technical vision that supports the Eversource business strategy.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses of potential telecommunications technology solutions.
- Develop long range plans for managing and deploying telecommunications technology.
- Develop plans, budgets and schedules for technology deployment projects.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires a comprehensive understanding of the design, specification and installation of current and emerging telecommunications systems, including fiber, microwave, radio, cellular and phone. Experience with strategic and cost benefit analysis and excellent communications and presentation skills are also required; strong analytical skills including experience using qualitative tools in strategic development; demonstrated business development aptitude with strong presentation skills; strong leadership skills to penetrate and work effectively throughout the organization; is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of team leader; makes sound decisions to support strategic objectives.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical or telecommunications engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree in engineering or MBA preferred.
Experience : A minimum of (7) seven years of experience in the strategic planning, design and development of communications systems. Must have experience with the application of communications infrastructure to corporate infrastructure. Understanding of electric and gas utility systems is strongly preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor