Eversource Energy Director, Substation Operations in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position is jointly accountable with other Electric Operations’ Directors for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers.
Responsible for the operations, restoration, construction and corrective maintenance of the Company’s substations. This position manages the field engineering and lab services for the transmission and distribution system. Integrates substation operations and maintenance activities with operations of various Electric Operations’ areas. Develops, plans and implements technical, systemic and work process changes needed to improve efficiency, quality and productivity. This position oversees managers responsible for supervisors and multi-skilled works crews.
- Develops, plans, recommends and implements plans, policies and programs which promote improved, safe, reliable and efficient operations and maintenance of Company substations.
- Manages and integrates all day-to-day activities related to the operations and maintenance of Company substations, including preventive maintenance and system (station and transmission line) construction improvement processes and projects.
- Manages relay protection, radio system and lab service support services and processes.
- Participates in the development, evaluation and introduction of technology changes. Ensures that improvements in systems, processes and procedures are identified and implemented.
- Establishes plans and goals to improve the cost effectiveness, timeliness and reliability of substation operations.
- Ensures cost effective, high quality and timely delivery of maintenance and operational services to internal customers.
- Plans, manages and controls department’s financial resources through defining and developing capital, operations and maintenance budgets. Tracks, monitors and establishes benchmark procedures.
- Researches, investigates and recommends potential new business opportunities in the area of substation operations, maintenance and construction.
- Develops and introduces reliability centered just-in-time maintenance techniques and programs for substations.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires extensive knowledge of transmission and distribution issues and activities within the electric utility industry.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of twelve (12) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities. Demonstrated experience in developing a supervisory team, a union workforce and process re-engineering.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Manages a workforce that operates on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis in multiple locations. This will require visiting multiple locations on a frequent basis. Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Coordinates emergency response activities that could last for extended periods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate computers, telephone, and other equipment.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor