Eversource Energy Supervisor-Field Engineering Design in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Individual must have a keen customer focus and provide the necessary supervision to designers for the New Service process. Provides guidance and support to staff. Has responsibility for the efficient management of New Service projects / work orders to provide electric service in a geographic area, ensuring that all work on the system is designed to Eversource standards and customer requirements, within safety and industry standards and at optimum cost. Allocates resources as required to achieve targets and maximize profitability. Familiarity with each element of a New Service project / work orders from overview responsibility for the planning and design, through providing guidance and support during project management and construction. Advises / coaches others within the geographical area on technical matters and ensures compliance with regulatory, technical and company standards. Has knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations affecting the construction of the distribution system. Computer navigation skills are necessary to utilize the multitude of systems and applications associated with the New Service process. Should be considered the subject matter expert for New Service related topics and be able to address a broad range of related questions from internal and external customers. Ability to effectively deal with people at all levels, both internal and external to the company. Effective communication skills with strengths in employee relations focusing on a teamwork environment.
- Responsible for successful completion of T & D New Service projects or services engineering including preparation of estimates, business policy applications, planning and design, customer contact, and allocation and control of technician resources. Provide support and guidance when necessary during the construction phase.
- Responsible for coaching, directing and providing technical support for field staff allocated to a project or service installation.
- Responsible for team building for all new service personnel within his/her geographic area of responsibility.
- Responsible for safety of field staff, contractors and members of the public in relation to any project or service installation under his/her direction.
- Ensures availability of technician resources required to facilitate profitable completion of a project or service installation. Analyzes workloads and identifies the need for overtime or contractor usage.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction associated with new service process, ensuring that the plans are designed and implemented on time to customer and company specifications and to high quality standards.
- Assures project estimates or service installation costs fall within budget and is able to provide what the customer wants while maximizing cost efficiencies by completing jobs on first visits where applicable.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations affecting the construction of electric services and the effect of the services on the distribution system. Computer navigation skills and software knowledge are necessary to utilize the multitude of systems available.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or the equivalent experience and eight (8) years of related experience is required. Electric distribution system design and construction experience is preferred. Supervisory experience is also preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor