Eversource Energy Program Manager, ISO Policy and Economic Analysis, Hartford, CT., Manchester, NH., and Westwood Ma. in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Please note this position can be located in our Hartford, Ct., Westwood, Ma., or Manchester NH. facility.
This position is responsible for 1) management of Eversource’s analysis of non-wires alternatives to transmission projects (non-transmission alternatives) and 2) management of Eversource’s participation and advocacy at ISO New England and NEPOOL committees. This includes collaboration with internal departments across Eversource’s three state electric transmission, electric distribution, and natural gas companies. The position will interface with engineering, system planning, operations, project managements, siting, business development, and regulatory affairs, as well as with external stakeholders.
ISO and NEPOOL Policy Management
- Manage ES’s active and effective participation at various ISO and NEPOOL committees
- Lead the development of integrated policy positions and proposals that fully consider the diverse needs of our various businesses and regulators
- Interpret ISO-NE market rules, tariffs and other processes to identify opportunities and challenges for Eversource’s businesses
- Manage processes to disseminate key information, engage internal stakeholders, and develop policy and business strategies
- Represent Eversource at regional and national organizations (e.g. NEPOOL, Edison Electric Institute, etc.)
- Advocate for new or modified regulations or rules to support to support Eversource overall business interests and meet the needs of our customers
Analysis of Non-Transmission Alternatives and other Economic Analysis
- Assess the suitability of non-wires or non-transmission technologies (e.g. solar PV, energy storage, etc.) to meet transmission reliability needs, while coordinating input from multiple internal departments
- Partner with transmission system planning engineers to analyze the technical feasibility of non-transmission technologies
- Develop information and databases on costs, compensation mechanisms, and regulatory pathways for non-wires technologies
- Defend analysis of non-wires technologies in siting proceedings and other regulatory proceedings
- Ensure consistent processes and strategies across Eversource’s three-state region
- Strong leadership, facilitation and communication skills (including written, oral, and public speaking)
- Extensive knowledge of electric industry compliance and regulatory affairs.
- Knowledge of FERC-regulated electricity markets, including energy markets and capacity markets
- Strategic thinking and business acumen
- Experience with economic analysis, production cost modeling, and or transmission ratemaking is a plus
- Ability to review and perform basic power flow modeling in PSS/E is desirable
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Economics, or related discipline.
Experience: For the Program Manager level, minimum of (8) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience managing teams/projects.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor