Eversource Energy Design Engineer in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for the development and subsequent close out of gas main work packages related to standard work associated with the annual work plans. Standard work includes pipe that will be 12” in diameter or less and will operate at 99 psig or below. Standard work includes, but is not limited to, main replacement projects, affected cast iron mains and encroachments, new gas mains, new gas services and standard commercial/industrial meter sets.
- Identify requirements and design specifications for new gas facilities and modifications to existing gas facilities
- Initiation and Close out of Funding projects in PowerPlan
- Preparation of project estimates, project documents and related work orders in the STORMS work management system. Perform site layout and prepare documents necessary for permitting and construction.
- Evaluate, specify and procure materials for associated project work
- Timely redesigns of existing work packages to support field changes when applicable
- Proper and timely close out of work orders and projects after completion of field work
- Participation in the development and updating of compatible units (cu’s) used to support project estimating and design efforts in the STORMS work management system
- Evaluate opportunities to utilize alternative technology in pursuit of cost reductions, increased productivity and reduced environmental impacts
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires knowledge of gas distribution operations including engineering, construction and maintenance practices. Working knowledge of computer applications systems including STORMS, PowerPlan and MS Office.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills including a thorough working knowledge of Eversource Gas operating procedures. Acts independently with minimal supervision. Collaborates with other departments and design engineers to complete the annual work plans. Communicates clearly and effectively with the Engineering, Construction and Planning & Scheduling departments in a team environment.
Experience : Minimum of (5) five years of related experience including managing multiple projects and deadlines, utilizing technology and process implementation in Gas Distribution and/or Operations.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor