Eversource Energy Associate Analyst, Load Settlement in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is located in Berlin, CT. Conduct deadline driven work associated with Load Settlement reporting in support of ISO-NE wholesale electricity markets, in accordance with approved processes and procedures for Load Settlement & Analysis/CT. This may range from running daily processes to conducting ad-hoc analyses and supporting special projects.
- Provide timely and accurate daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to ISO-NE and other key stakeholders (i.e., FERC, state regulators, and competitive suppliers) concerning load, tie line, and generation assets.
- Provide accurate metering and billing data to ISO-NE, suppliers and other parties both internal and external to Eversource.
- Operate the Load Settlement System applications while assisting with the updating of the model to incorporate new suppliers, generators and changes in electric system configuration and operation.
- Assist with development of estimation and reconciliation techniques for the electric business based on the assessment of the external environment including development of appropriate documentation. Identify streamlining opportunities.
- Assist with development and maintenance of business and SOX controls for the Load Settlement System to ensure proper reporting.
- Create and maintain documentation of key procedures
- Conduct application testing, as needed.
- Provide support in preparation of expert testimony for regulatory proceedings pertaining to load estimation and reconciliation processes, procedures and techniques.
- Work effectively with other departments/companies that Load Settlement interacts with routinely (C2, Meter systems and Data Management, IT support, etc.).
- Work with management toward consolidation of Load Settlement systems across the Eversource Electric Companies.
- Requires the ability to multi-task without losing attention to detail.
- May require occasional travel to other Eversource locations.
- Note: All employees have Eversource storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree (successfully completed by the actual hire date) in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics/Finance, Engineering, or other data intensive field.Zero (0) to five (5) years of experience is required for the Associate level. The equivalent in education and related work experience may also be considered.
- Required: Technical, quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail, along with strong written and oral communication skills;Knowledge ofthe Microsoft Suite Products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Preferred: Knowledge of mainframe (TSO) and PC computer skills (I.e., SAS programming, JCL, AQT, SQL, VBA); Experience with billing systems.
- Desirable: Knowledge and understanding of the ISO-NE wholesale electricity market and the CLP/WMECO electrical system.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor