Eversource Energy Analyst (Engineering Documentation) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for the design, configuration, production, and training of the Utility Services Business Electronic and Hard-Copy Documentation process.Maintains current knowledge on the state of the art tools and systems in this field.Has key responsibility for the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to the installation and operation of these tools in a LAN environment.Participates in and works closely with IT on projects that are intended to continually improve/upgrade the Utility Services Business Electronic and Hard-Copy Documentation System.
- Designs, creates, publishes and maintains electronic and hard copy documentation for customers in all areas of the Utility Services organization.
- Designs documentation library structure, administration and maintenance processes and procedures, including any business process changes.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to the installation and operation of these tools in a LAN environment; troubleshoots problems with users.
- Designs web pages and layout for internal and external customers.
- Controls and authorizes security access to Utility Services electronic documentation system for users within Eversource and outside Eversource (e.g., external business partners).
- Develops structure for adding, classifying, and securing documents in the Utility Services electronic and hard-copy documentation systems.
- Verifies and files all incoming electronic documentation, correspondence and physical records and assigns to the appropriate project file; maintains confidentiality of appropriate records.
- Provide business and technical consultation and support to customers. Ensures understanding of needs and creates appropriate documentation strategies.
- Works closely with IT on projects that are intended to continually improve/upgrade the documentation system.
- Trains users in the correct usage of the Utility Services Projects Electronic Library and in the proper procedures for packing, identifying, and shipping physical records to and from the Utility Services Projects Library. Ensures appropriate user manuals are developed, updated and available to appropriate requesting departments.
- Makes effective presentations to diverse audiences such as customers, vendors, and staff.
- Serves as liaison with vendors for software and hardware relating to electronic documentation library.
- Responsible for records destruction process in accordance with established procedures and destruction authorizations.
- Performs other duties related to the position such as tracking filing activity, coordinating of movement of records to and from the Utility Services Project Library, updating indexes and maintaining an accurate up-to-date inventory of all physical records stored in the Utility Services Projects Library, and accurate reporting of Utility Services Project Library activities.
- Ability to apply technical expertise to document management systems and technologies.
- Ability to create well-structured and easily understood technical documents.
- Knowledge of physical records storage/access systems.
- Proficient in use of computer systems including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Lotus Notes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be responsible for several detailed tasks at one time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience required. A Bachelor's in English with a focus on Technical Writing preferred.
Experiences: Minimum of five (5) years of Management Information Systems experience required. Technical expertise in the area of electronic documentation systems preferred.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor